The Commissioned Placements team as part of the Hub School commission full time educational placements for Key Stage 4 learners with a number of providers across the East Riding and Hull. Referring secondary schools, the East Riding SEND department and the East Riding Virtual School have to be able to evidence that all current school strategies have been exhausted.
We are currently working with a wide range of providers as follows:
- Aspire Academy: Alternative Provision Academy that serves vulnerable students within Hull and the East Riding.
- Bishop Burton College: F.E. College with acknowledged expertise in agriculture, land-based industries and sport.
- Boulevard Centre: Alternative Education provider and part of the Venn Academy Group. Provides expertise in meeting complex personal and academic needs.
- East Riding College: F.E. College providing access to Foundation Learning programmes across the two College sites in Beverley and Bridlington.
- Fast Forward Vocational Training: Small Alternative Education provider offering access to foundation motor vehicle and L1 BTEC Engineering programmes.
- Local Works: Small Alternative Education provider offering access to sport-based programmes.
- Motorvation Training: Hull based Alternative Education provider for motor vehicle courses.
- North Humberside Motor Trades Group Training Association (GTA): An Independent Learning Provider, this Hull based provider is specialist in the motor vehicle industry.
- Orchard Humber: Hull based Alternative Education provider for construction industry courses.
- QPD: Hull based Alternative Education provider aiming at preparation for armed forces entry.
- St Patricks Alter for Education: Hull based Alternative Education provider.
- Selby College: F.E. College providing access to a range of vocational courses on a part-time basis.
- TLG Hull: Hull based Alternative Education provider and a recent start-up in the city.
- Vision Motor Training: non-registered Beverley-based Alternative Education provider for motor vehicle courses.
We also have links with the following provider:
- Compass Academy: Alternative Provision Academy that serves vulnerable students within Hull and the East Riding. Compass Academy became part of the Aspire MAT in April 2019.
There are currently 4 Learning Mentors working with students and CP providers as part of the CP provision. Each student is allocated to a Mentor depending on their placement. The Mentor maintains close communication with the student, home and placement throughout the duration of the Commissioned Placement.